Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Hair Is Gone, Baby.

Little Drummer Boy wanted a hair cut.

So we got him a trim. You know, still long-ish, but the hair wasn't in his eyes anymore. And no, it didn't look a thing like Willy Wonka, circa Johnny Depp, which was Biker Man's main concern. (Mainly because the last time I tried to give Drummer Boy a haircut, that's kind of how it came out.)

willy wonkaphoto © 2009 Wanessa Miguel | more info (via: Wylio)


But this time, I paid a professional. (You should try her! Angela Daigle, Blessings Head to Toe Salon.)


See? There's still time to save some length. "You really want it all chopped off?"
"Yes, Mom! I want it like JoJo's," he explained for the fiftieth time. JoJo is one of Drummer Boy's heroes. Seriously.
So we kept going.


With so much extra hair going to waste, and no prospects of facial hair anytime soon, he took matters into his own hands.


Ellie sat in the beauty shop massage chair, doing Grammar...and her nails. What a life.


Voilá!!
Needless to say, he is excited about his new do.
I like it, it's just that he looks so grown up now. (sniff)
(Side note: Drummer Boy has lost no time in putting his new haircut to good use. He informed me this morning that having a mohawk makes it hard for him to think. I told him he still had to do his schoolwork.)

2 comments:

Tammy said...

He is workin' that mohawk...and that huge smile! How sweet! Come on Mom...getting a mohawk is a momentous occasion for a young man...give em' a break on the homework. LOL Just kidding. Great post as usual. (FYI-I LOVE Johnny Depp in Willy Wonka) (FYI #2- I LOVE LOVE LOVE Chocolate) Just a little info for ya! Things good friends need to know about eachother. :) Love ya!!

ellie and me said...

I love you too, lady!