Friday, February 18, 2011

The Afternoon.

It's Friday.

I woke up, got dressed, got the kids dressed, fed them breakfast, and got to the church.

Master's Commission chapel.

Wonderful.

I led worship, assisted by Michelle on vocals, Chaz on guitar.

The teaching was amazing, I may post another blog on it.

I could go on, but the point is, we felt the Presence of the Almighty. I didn't want to leave. As I continued worshiping at the closing, I looked around and could see that no one else was wanting to walk out of chapel, either.

I love mornings like that.

Then I loaded Ellie and Little Drummer Boy into the car, went home and fed them again, and they got to play outside.

And then we loaded up to go to Toys R Us to buy something (Ellie was just dying to spend her birthday money). Once we arrived at the toy store conglomerate, they each picked out something in their price range.

Except Ellie didn't figure in tax.
"I wish there was no such thing as tax!" She exclaimed dramatically in front of two sales associates.
I agreed, quietly nudging her to the register where, just maybe, one of her precious Webkinz might be on sale.

It wasn't. She looked up at me hopefully.
I shook my head. "Sorry, sweetie. You have three Webkinz there. Put one of them back," I said to her distraught why can't you do something this is the worst thing that has ever happened to me in all my nine years face.

I took a deep breath, certain that I was about to have to do some heavy duty explaining and reasoning with my daughter, when my son spoke up.

"Ellie can have the rest of my money," he announced to my complete and utter shock.

Ellie beamed. Ear to ear.

Litle Drummer Boy also grinned, tickled pink he had made his sister so very happy.

She is very blessed to have a brother like this, and I told her so right then and there.

I hope she remembers this on a day when she feels like throttling him.

Here is what we did after the toy store.

The Pet Store!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's my boy! :)

ellie and me said...

Yes, he is for certain! You are a good influence!

Ben Dobberstein said...

Best post ever! :-D

ellie and me said...

Thanks, Ben! Although I personally like the post from January "The Big Plan".