Saturday, April 30, 2011

Not What I Was Expecting

This weekend, I led worship for The Healing Place Ladies' Encounter. The Healing Place is an awesome church in Shreveport, Louisiana. I went expecting to minister and pour out as a willing vessel. I began preparing and praying for this event a couple months ago. God was showing me so much about Himself, and what He was wanting to do through the worship this weekend.

The Piano's Been Drinkingphoto © 2008 Todd | more info (via: Wylio)




The night before I was to leave, Pastor Scott called me from THP and asked me to come expecting to receive at the retreat, not just pour out to the ladies. He wanted me to not worry about distancing myself to prepare before the sessions, but to be involved with the breakout sessions, to plan on receiving during the small group time.

When I go somewhere to lead, I always give out, sing what God has given me, willing to let the Holy Spirit move through me and not think about what I'm getting. That's pretty much what I think God has always expected of me when I go somewhere to lead worship.

But not this time. I had an amazing experience. I received way more than I poured out, I can tell you. It was not at all what I was expecting. These women were not the norm. They came ready to receive, but everyone was ready to pour out to each other. They took every opportunity to pray together, and build each other up in their faith. It was a privilege to be part of their ministry, their friendship, their lives. I came back ready to pour out some more!!

I also got a different perspective of how God sees me, and how I view Him and my relationship to Him. Change is taking place. It's wonderful.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It was amazing! You did a wonderful job bringing us into the presence of the Father. I believe we will be hearing of deep healing that will continue to take place that started at the Ladies Encounter. I already can't wait for next year.

ellie and me said...

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with you and your beautiful ladies! Thank you for asking me to come worship with you!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

I was so sad to miss the encounter and hearing about it from the ladies I am even more sad. I so would have loved your worship. Worship is how I feel closest to God! YOu have an amazing gift and I pray I get to be a part of one of your worship services some day.

Blessings,
Tami
PRAYING 4 A MIRACLE 4 JEREMIAH
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com