Monday, April 25, 2011

The Talk



This was our Ellie, when she was three.

Free spirit. Extraordinary. Rare.

Tomboy. Princess. Make-up artist.

Animal caretaker. Defender of frogs.

Compassionate giver. Lover of justice.

Hater of cake. Night owl. Excessive reader.

Tickle me until I can't breathe, put me on your shoulders, Daddy, I want to see everything on top of the world.


We are going to have "The Talk" with her very soon. She's old enough. I just can't believe it.

Biker Man told me they conducted a study that said ninety-nine point nine percent of all girls would rather have their dad give them "The Talk".
In a related study, ninety-nine point nine percent of all dads said they would rather have their arm chewed off.
This will be a momentous event.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Good luck my friend. It always seems to be more profound and momentous for the parent than the child. My kids were so NOT interested. But, it must be done! :) Praying for your hubby...or should I say "The One Armed Man"?! LOL

ellie and me said...

Bwaaahaaahaa! Yes, call him that, please! He will sooo appreciate that!