Saturday, April 2, 2011

Stop And Look

It's a busy season at our house. And at our church.

It's only natural that I would be running around like a crazy person trying to finish last minute errands so I can get on to the next project.

And in the process, give my kids a mite less than my full attention on any given day this week.

We are hosting a crawfish boil for the worship team tomorrow afternoon.

We don't have to provide anything but water, a hose, and our yard/house to fit everyone. What a blessing.

But sometime in the last two weeks, I realized my yard was not ready to have some sixty people staring at it, most likely in amazement that humans actually live here. (The yard is an extension of my home, I understand we don't dwell in the yard.)

Thus began my industrious task of making my patch of grass (that has very little else) presentable.

I have re-potted plants, dug up various weeds, one of which caused a lizard to run out of hiding, to Ellie's delight.

Today we have been in the home stretch, cleaning our actual house, and rearranging cushions, candles, and hanging pictures which the good Lord knows should have been hung at least 2 years ago. (My gracious, where does the time go?)

Although I have been a whirling dervish, Ellie and Drummer Boy have had time to smell and pick flowers. I was carrying laundry to be folded through the kitchen when this stopped me mid-stride:



And I took a breath, thanked my children, and sat down to fully appreciate the beauty I had been given in the middle of a hectic week.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Precious post my friend. :)