Friday, March 4, 2011

Warriors

I taught Chapel this morning.

I also led worship, but teaching was my main focus.

Because I've never taught Chapel for XMC. I've taught classes, usually on worship.

Almost everything I teach always comes back to worship. Hmmm.

And of course, God completely changed the course of my message. Two days ago.

I used the illustration of The White Stone to emphasize running the race set before us.

These students are warriors.

Not just soldiers in God's army, but Special Forces.

Rogue Agents.

They will not be content with simply going to church and listening to the Word of God.

They act on it.

"MOVE...beyond awareness into action."
That's their theme for Tour this year. It's amazing.
It reminds me of the quote from Cornel West:
"JUSTICE is what LOVE looks like in public."

So I taught on The Race. The White Stone. And the heart of a warrior.

I showed this at the end of Chapel. I wrote this song over the summer, and I really feel it captures the heart of our Masters Commission.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! Okay, this will need to be on the NEW CD!
Dawn

Tammy said...

Awesome job friend...on the post and the song! Keep following after God's heart...you are blessing many!!

Anonymous said...

So awesome, Mrs. Kari! :) ♥ Alyssa Myers