Saturday, March 19, 2011

I Was Going To Switch, But....

Cartoon about loss of confidence in the Banking system. 1955photo © 2008 David | more info (via: Wylio)


Okay. So if you read my post Thursday, you know that I had every intention of switching banks.

Every intention.

I went in to the bank, explained my situation and frustration at the unjustified overdraft charges.
Calmly.

Very quietly, I added, "I'll probably need to just close out our account."

Michael, the banker, thought this was unnecessary.

Once, we got the overdraft fees taken care of, and apologies were made, both by Michael on behalf of the bank, and myself (mostly because I brought my kids to the bank with me -- you fill in the blanks), we discovered that we both lead worship.

Michael is the Worship Pastor at New Kingdom Ministries International. (Check out the link!) He trains up worship leaders and musicians to carry worship around the globe.

How cool is that?

We started talking about worship, running the race, family, and ministry.

We almost had church right there in the bank.

I have called a couple ministry friends who need worship leaders for events, to hopefully get Michael connected.

Oh, one more thing: He's single. I had to put that out there for any ladies interested in an anointed, gracious man of God.

Obviously, I will stay with my bank. And try not to incur more overdraft fees.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I know him! Lol my mom tried to set me up before I met Andrew, I hear he is a great guy!