Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Obedience




The revelation of my growth in grace is the way in which I look upon obedience.
~ Oswald Chambers


When I read that, I shuddered.

At my good intentions.

At my wavering heart when faced with an uphill road, not a smooth path that will lead me gently to His intended calling.

At my half-hearted attempts to do as He asks, and then when my efforts are not all together successful, my swift abandonment of the idea that Jesus really told me to do it in the first place.

When the journey includes a battle (and didn't He say I would be faced with trials if I followed Him?), I will not rebuke the trial and call it an attack from the enemy.
I will plough through, set my face like a flint, and let the challenge prove in me the warrior He says I am.
I will cling to the sword He placed in my hand, allow Him to enlarge the place where I stand, and trust in the Lord my God.

Wandering aimless
Seems so painless
Compared to knowing what will be
If I pursue the vision
Deep within
But to endure for a season
Brings joy in the end
And love without
Sacrifice
Is only
Infatuation.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow! That was deep little missy. I love how you said, "I will not rebuke the trial". Oh how I do that all the time. I want to praise Him through the trial and know that is where I will also find Him. Great post my Lil Lagniappe. :)

ellie and me said...

Thanks, Tammy! I will praise Him as the One Who started the storm, so my faith might grow with the rain. :)