Monday, March 28, 2011

True God Worshipers



Don't you love the sign?

It was our welcome and advertisement this weekend from Bayou Wesleyan Church in Irvington, Alabama.

We had a blast.

Here's Biker Man with Pastor Roger (Smiley) Bowers. (Also a biker, in case you couldn't tell.)



We love this church. They are so open, and ready to worship.

I started crying before service even started. (Okay, I know I can cry easy, but seriously, the presence of God was so strong in that place.) I had to go back in another room to compose myself a bit.

God started moving from the first song their worship team played, even through the announcements.

Eight people came to Jesus. That was worth driving five hours for.

Talking to Pastor Smiley after service, he was sharing with us about how he has started going into the woods behind his house to pray early in the mornings. He said, "Jesus told me to seek Him with all my heart. And He lets me find Him. When I look for Him, He shows Himself to me. It's like I'm playing hide-and-go-seek with Jesus!"

I love that.

We can't wait to go back. Just getting to be a small part of what is happening in that group of Christ lovers is humbling and wonderful.

And that sign epitomizes what we want to become.

True God Worshipers.

Nothing less.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Hide and go seek with Jesus...love that! How sweet. :)