Saturday, May 7, 2011

Waiting


I know that from this picture he doesn't appear to be one to pause and think, but Drummer Boy can sure come up with some good statements. Adding fuel to my already rampant thought process.

Earlier tonight, I overheard my children in their room.

The conversation went something like this:

Drummer Boy: "Oh I think that will be a good movie!!" (I'm pretty sure they were discussing Cars 2)

Ellie (interrupting): "I know! And I can't wait!! Can you??"

There was calculated silence on Drummer Boy's part as he considered this question.

Then he replied: "I can wait, I just don't want to."

Well.

That just about sums up my response to God on many occasions.

"I have so many plans for you. But it's not time for them yet. Can you wait on Me, Kari?"

"Yes, Lord."

(Time passes.)

"Um, God? Just checking in, wondering if maybe You forgot about those promises You gave me, because, I mean, You know, nothing has really happened there, as far as, what You said, You know, uh, those promises You gave me about my future? Your plan?"

"Kari, I know what I'm doing. Trust Me. Right now you are to wait on Me."

"Ok, sure. I know. I was just thinking, I mean, I was wondering if You had any sort of idea as to when these plans would be commencing? If it was closer to happening sooner, rather than later?"

"Kari."

"Yes, God?"

"What's the last thing I said to you?"

"Wait on You."

"Right. Can you wait on Me?"

"Yes, Lord. I can. I just don't want to."

You know, He sees right through me, but He doesn't get impatient. He loves me more.

That just blows my mind.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Exactly where I am at..... WOW!!!!