Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Time's A Wastin'


Ellie is now on her second lesson in Math.

She is making up her undone lessons from yesterday.

Undone because she drug her feet in getting her other lessons finished, thus delaying even beginning her Math.

Did I mention it has now been over an hour since she commenced said Math lessons??

Drummer Boy also is lacking the needed motivation to get more than one page finished in an hour.

Summer is on the horizon, but my children are already there in their minds.

The process of pushing through to the finish line is nothing short of grueling on the part of my children, and frustrating on mine.

I'm beginning to wonder if they will get through this school year without the threat of me loosing the fateful lightning of my terrible swift sword every single day.

The result is usually truth marching on.

Nevertheless.

I'm sure I give God the same exasperation as I near the goal He has set for me.

I see the end result of all my labor, all my prayers and longings coming to fruition, and I begin to lag.

Distractions abound. I begin to need "time for myself". I take time from studying God's Word to study what movies I've missed in the past few months of working in the field.

His voice is gently nudging me to not quit, to stay focused, and give my best when it counts.

"But I'm tired, and empty, and sore. Let me just sit down a minute. I need some downtime."

"I am your rest, your all in all. I will fill you, renew your strength, put the wind of My Spirit at your back, and give you My joy to endure to the end."

Okay. No more lagging behind. No more wasting time on what doesn't count towards finishing.

Bring it on.

Finish Linephoto © 2010 jayneandd | more info (via: Wylio)

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Great message. I needed that today. :)

ellie and me said...

Me too! Kinda preaching to myself. :)