Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wake Up


I have come to my garden, my sister my spouse;
I have gathered my myrrh with my spice....

I sleep, but my heart is awake;
It is the voice of my beloved!
He knocks, saying,
"Open for me, my sister, my love,
My dove, my perfect one;
For my head is covered with dew,
My locks with the drops of the night."

I have taken off my robe;
How can I put it on again?
I have washed my feet;
How can I defile them?
My beloved put his hand
By the latch of the door,
And my heart yearned for him.
I arose to open for my beloved,
And my hands dripped with myrrh,
My fingers with liquid myrrh,
On the handles of the lock.

I opened for my beloved,
But my beloved had turned away and was gone.
My heart leaped up when he spoke.
I sought him, but I could not find him;
I called him, but he gave me no answer.
(Song of Solomon 5:1-6)

I was reading this a few weeks ago, and the Holy Spirit spoke to me.
How many times does God ask me to do something for Him, and the timing seems off to me?

I sleep, but my heart is awake....
I'm settled.
Comfortable.
My prayer life is lacking in fervor.
I know God is speaking, but it seems distant, far away.


I have taken off my robe; how can I put it on again?
I have delegated out what God told me to do.
It's getting done, but I'm on auto pilot.
I'm tired of the responsibility of leading.
I have lost passion, and am no longer walking in God's authority.

I have washed my feet, how can I defile them?
I'm in the groove of doing ministry on my own terms, and what God is asking doesn't seem ideal.
I'll have to get my feet dirty to walk where He walked.
To touch the untouchable.

My beloved put His hand by the latch of the door, and my heart yearned for him...
I see evidence of God's power.
I'm finally moved to action.
I'm ready to go where He wants me to.


My hands dripped with myrrh...on the handles of the lock.
I opened for my beloved, but my beloved had turned away and was gone.
I miss God's timing.
I miss receiving His myrrh, His anointing on my life, which He already has waiting for me to walk in once I open the door.
I want to bring along all the stuff I was already doing for Him when He called.
All the works I had "anointed" myself.
I can't open the door He's wanting me to, because my hands are slippery with works of my own.

I have to drop everything He hasn't called me to do, in order to go where He calls me to go.

And I must fall in love with Him daily.

I'm ready for His myrrh, His anointing oil to flow over me as I sit at His feet and listen to His voice calling me His beloved.


No comments: