Thursday, October 20, 2011

A favorite new poem I had never seen before.



This is my new favorite poem.
I read it to Ellie last night as we were side by side, laying on the couch.
When I first saw it, my breath actually caught in my throat.
In case you can't read the above, here it is in easier to read format:

You are the trip I did not take;
You are the pearls I could not buy;
You are my blue Italian lake;
You are my piece of foreign sky.

You are my Honolulu moon;
You are the book I did not write;
You are my heart's unuttered tune;
You are a candle in my night.

You are the flower beneath the snow;
In my dark sky a bit of blue,
Answering Disappointment's blow
With "I am happy! I have you!"

The author? Anne Campbell.
I love it.
It reminds me of my children each time I read it.

And how I should treasure them as "the book I did not write".
God is the Author of their story, I am merely a steward entrusted with their care.
And a look in their eyes, faces smiling, full of trust and unwavering love, makes me certain of my calling as a Mom.
God has anointed me for this before any song grew in my thoughts, or fell from my lips.


No comments: