Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fruit Born In Season

I did this one afternoon last week for the daughter of a friend.
Originally, it was just going to be a decorative piece of art for her new condo.
I was thinking, something like a fleur-de lis.

But as I began to work on it, God changed the outcome.

She is a tree.

"A tree?"

Yes.

"Okay," I answered as I started the trunk and worked my way up.

Spend more time on the roots.

"The roots? Isn't that kind of, well, gothic-y?"

The roots are the foundation for the growth of a tree. Her foundation goes deep.

I began painting the root system.

Some of the roots need to fade away. Her past has been redeemed, and those roots no longer tie her to future growth.

"Wow, Lord, You're being really specific. What about the leaves?"

I plucked her from the desert with My own hand. Her leaves will not wither because I have planted her by Living Water. Paint one solitary fruit. She is only now beginning to see what I have in store for her. Her fruit will be born in season, sweetened by the tears she has sown, seasoned by her commitment to be found faithful.

When we gave it to the young lady for her housewarming, I explained what God had shown me as I painted and prayed.

She thanked me and cried.

We both knew it had to be the Lord, because I've met her maybe twice, in passing.

Jesus will go to any length to prove His love for us.

"(She) shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever (she) does shall prosper." Psalm 1:3

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Kari- what a lovely post! thanks so much for inviting me to visit your blog. I have a couple of blogs too- not personal like yours but for my flower shop, Twigs.
http://yeringtonflowers.blogspot.com/
and for prom..
http://promflowers.blogspot.com/
I'm going to do some more exploring on your blog now. I'm going to join too
what a treat- thanks again
Tracey

ellie and me said...

Oh, thank you, Tracey! I can't wait to look at your blog, too! :)