Friday, July 29, 2011

Since We've Been Gone...



A LOT has happened.
I mean, a lot.

When last I wrote, we were preparing for a weekend worship seminar with our friends
Worship pastors Marty and Amy Gonzales:


It went awesome.
The entire weekend was amazing.
I taught two workshops the Saturday morning, one of which was a songwriting session. They wrote a song, "Heaven Is Falling." I loooved being part of the process as God poured through their worship team. We introduced the song during the Saturday night worship service, and then again to their church body on Sunday morning. The entire church really embraced the song.
God spoke the entire weekend. Not just during the services, which were refreshing and real. We were ready to hear what the Holy Spirit wanted to say. And He spoke.
We can't wait to go back.

Before leaving for Tulsa we took a couple days to see the Colorado Rocky Mountains...




Can I just say...WOW.

Ellie enjoying the view.

A lake. A beautiful, pristine, clear, probably freezing, lake.
Again. WOW.


Biker Man and Drummer Boy.

Ellie made a snowball. A snowball. In July.



Ellie also took this well composed photograph of Biker Man and myself.



We saw elk.

Up close.

Of course, Biker Man bemoaned the fact that we had obviously arranged a Colorado trip at the wrong time of year. He loves to hunt, and was understandably bitter the remainder of the afternoon.



Our smiles prove we had no idea that in two days we would be in 106 degree heat.
Which is another blog.

4 comments:

S.T.E.N.A. said...

it's so good to see you all in the last photo here. We love you guys. So glad your trip has been so great! lots of hugs from us Susidkos

ellie and me said...

We love you guys too!! Thanks for the prayers, Tanya!

Ben Dobberstein said...

I love how you artfully used the word "bemoaned" in this blog. :-) Can't wait to see you guys!

ellie and me said...

I know, we're pretty excited. (: