Monday, July 11, 2011

Finished


Do you like it?

I finished today, and gave it to Emily for our friend, Dottie.
All the writing is part of the poem I mentioned two posts ago.

We leave Wednesday for another two weeks. Yay!
This time, up to Colorado and down through Tulsa, Oklahoma. 'Twill be grand. I shall try and do better at finding WiFi for posting updates as we minister. Thank you all for your prayers and kind thoughts.

Drummer Boy just wandered in here with purple marker covering his arm.
"Ellie drawed on me," he flatly announced.
I'm not sure what to make of it. It has no form or design, just a straight line. This indicates no artistic endeavor on her part, just boredom. Plain and simple. Sometimes I think she takes her liberty as eldest sibling a bit far. But Drummer Boy doesn't seem to mind. Already he has charged out of my room, morphing seamlessly from a little boy into a superhero (defending his own honor) shooting lasers at the big sister who, in all actuality, is his superhero.
He holds no grudges.

Drummer Boy has returned, after locking both doors to outside.
"Today, is a peaceful day. Ellie is locked outside, and can't torture me. Will she knock down the door with dad's jackhammer? Will she kill me when she finds me? I better go outside and see what awaits me there," he monologues, leaving again.

I better go cook dinner before this escalates any further. Food solves everything. Seriously. The prospect of dinner will have my children behaving in a much more civilized manner.

No comments: